ROUTINE MAINTENANCE SERVICE
*All Maintenance Requests must be submitted in writing*
Fax (804) 359-3385
Mail P.O. Box 5541 RVA 23220
Please EMAIL THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
Name, address, apt#, phone#, description of problem
*All requests must have an email address on file with us, giving us permission to enter your apartment. Maintenance requests received from unknown addresses will not be processed!
Maintenance on the property where you live is performed
by The Maintenance Company of Virginia Inc.,
Monday to Friday during normal business hours.
Courtesy Email/Call from Maintenance Service
We will give you a courtesy email/call to let you know we received your maintenance request when you email/fax us directly.
If you do not get an email/call from us, we did not get your maintenance request. Send it again!
General Building Maintenance
If there is a maintenance issue in the common areas of the building (i.e. hallways, exterior, parking lot etc.) please use the Routine Maintenance Service procedure to notify maintenance.
What Maintenance is the Tenant responsible for?
- Changing Fuses or Resetting Circuit Breakers when there is no power
- Changing your light bulbs in your apartment
- Unstopping the Toilet, and Sinks.
- Calling the City once a year to have the Furnace Pilot Light Lit.
- Re-lighting the stove and oven pilot (The City Department of Public
- Utilities can assist you in relighting your appliances)
- Re-lighting the hot water heater pilot light (The City Department of
- Public Utilities can assist you in relighting your hot water heater)
- Calling a locksmith when you have lost your keys &are locked out
- Changing the smoke detector battery twice a year
- Picking up after your pet in the common hallway and yard
- Taking your trash out to the, city supplied, “green super cans”
- Paying for broken windows, no matter what the cause, the
minimum charge is $75.00 per window
- Making maintenance requests in writing and giving us authorization
to enter your apartment